Watermelon Agua Fresca
Blend up watermelon, sugar, and water for a perfect Summer treat you can make in just minutes from Adrianna Adarme from the Fresh Tastes blog.
Yield: Makes 6 glasses of watermelon juice
- 6 pound watermelon, chopped into cubes
- 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup of sugar (optional)
- 1/4 cup water
- In batches (unless your blender is huge), add the chopped watermelon. Add a splash of water (about 2 tablespoons) and pulse until completely pureed, about 1 minute. (If you're adding a bit of sugar, you'll want to add the sugar amount you desire and just as much water to a small saucepan; heat until the sugar dissolves and then add the sugar/water mixture to the blender.)
- Line a sieve with a few layers of cheese cloth. Place the sieve atop a bowl or large pitcher. Pour the watermelon puree into the cheese cloth and allow to strain--it may take around 5 minutes or so.
- Repeat the blending and straining process with the remaining chopped watermelon. Transfer the watermelon juice to the refrigerator for 1 hour to chill. Divide the watermelon juice amongst glasses.