- 3 oz fresh salmon
- 3 oz tuna
- 3 oz capelin roe (masago)
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 cups of lettuce sliced
- 1/2 english cucumber
- 4 sesame or perilla leaves
- 2 bowls of cooked rice
- toasted sesame seeds
- Cho gochujang sauce: Mix 3 tbsp gochujang paste with 1 tbsp of rice vinegar and 1 tsp of sugar
- Julienne the cucumber into thin strips
- Roll the sesame leaves tightly and cut into long thin strips (chiffonade)
- Dice raw salmon and tuna into ¼ inch cubes.
- In a large serving bowl, put 1 cup of warm, cooked rice.
- Add sliced lettuce, sesame leaves, cucumber, carrot, raw fish, and fish roe on the rice in this order
- Drizzle chogochujang sauce and sesame oil
- Lastly garnish with strips of roasted seaweed (Kim) and sprinkle toasted sesame seeds
Tip: Raw fish kept in the fridge should be cut just before serving.
For vegetarians: You can make “spicy tofu bibimbap” using this same recipe by replacing raw fish with pan fried tofu.