Wild Mushroom Bread Pudding
- 1 lb. wild mushrooms sliced
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bunch of leeks sliced
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon each of dried basil sage and thyme
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 lbs. smoked mozzarella cheese shredded
- 6 cups challah or brioche bread cut in big cubes
- salt & pepper to taste
- Saute mushrooms, garlic, leeks, basil, sage, and thyme in the olive oil
- Whisk eggs, milk, cream and cheese in a large bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the mushroom mix and the cheese. Fold in the bread.
- Pour into a greased baking dish and bake for about an hour at 350 degrees.