Winter Citrus Salad
Take advantage of the farmer's market by creating this winter citrus salad with ingredients that have crunch, umami, and tartness. (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of Fresh Tastes)
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon minced Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup Parmesan-Reggiano
- 2 blood oranges, segmented
- 1 grapefruit, segmented
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. On a baking sheet, add the walnuts and spread them out into an even layer. Transfer to the oven to roast for about 10 to 12 minutes, stirring them at the 7-minute mark.
- Remove from the oven and transfer them to a bowl. Pour in a dash of olive oil, a pinch of salt, crushed red pepper, anchovy paste, parsley and Parmesan-Reggiano. Mix until combined.
- On a plate, add the segmented citrus on a plate and drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Arrange the avocado slices and then top with the warm walnut mixture.