A small scoop of vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt makes a pretty center for your Clementine daisy. The combination will taste a lot like a frozen dreamsicle. Yum! You can watch Sue prepare this dessert in this clip from Lakeland Cooks!
- 8 clementines, peeled, any seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons crystallized (sometimes called candied) ginger, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Divide the celmentine segments evenly among 4 plates. Arrange them in a daisy or pinwheel design.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the orange juice, ginger, honey, almond extract and cinnamon.
- Gently heat the mixture in a microwave at low power for 30 seconds.
- Stir and then drizzle the mixture over the clementine segments.
Tips/TechniquesA sprinkling of toasted slivered almonds makes a nice garnish. Toast slivered almonds arranged in a single layer in a shallow baking dish in a 350-degree oven for about 7 minutes, stirring once.