Wintery Pasta Salad
This colorful wintery pasta salad takes advantage of seasonal greens and pantry staples. (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of Fresh Tastes)
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 pound pasta, of choice
- 1/2 cup good-quality olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 4 leaves of lacinato kale
- 1 small head of raddichio
- 1 (14-ounce) can of artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/2 (14-ounce) can of green, pitted olives, drained and sliced
- 1/4 red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 ounce of Parmesan-Reggiano, finely grated
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package’s instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- To a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, a bunch of rounds of black pepper, crushed red pepper, oregano and a few liberal pinches of salt. Give the dressing a taste and adjust the salt according to taste. Add the kale and mix, massaging the kale in order to make it slightly softer.
- Next, add the radicchio, artichoke hearts, olives, red onion, Parmesan and reserved pasta. Toss until combined. Adjust the salt to taste. Serve.