Zesty Baked Tortilla Chips
Zesty baked tortilla chips are a healthier version of a popular snack food.
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Cook time: 15 Minutes
Total time: 20 Minutes
- Eight 6-inch corn tortillas
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line the tortillas on a cookie sheet or cutting board in a single layer (you may have to do this in two batches).
- Generously spray and coat the tortillas with non-stick cooking spray.
- Turn the tortillas over and generously spray the other side.
- Stack the tortillas on top of each other and evenly cut 3 times to make 6 chips per tortilla.
- Add the cheese, garlic salt, flaxseed, onion powder, chili powder, and paprika to a large freezer bag and seal. Massage the spice blend with your fingers on the outside of the bag until the spices are well mix.
- Add the tortillas to the bag and seal. Gently shake the bag until the chips are evenly coated with the spices. Divide the chips between two cookie sheets. Make sure the chips are lined in a single layer without overlapping. Coat the chips with cooking spray again.
- Bake for 10 minutes then rotate the chips. Bake an additional 5-8 minutes until the chips are crispy.
- Remove from the oven and allow the chips to cool before serving.