Zesty Red Cabbage Slaw
Food blogger Aube Giroux share tips for slicing cabbage and preparing the dressing in a full post on the Kitchen Vignettes blog.
- 1 small red cabbage
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (1 to 2 lemons, preferably freshly squeezed)
- 3 Tbsp. organic tamari sauce (not soy sauce)
- 1/2 cup cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 medium cloves of garlic, minced
- Very thinly slice the cabbage using a sharp knife, or preferably, a mandolin.
- In a jar, mix all dressing ingredients and shake vigorously. If you are using anything larger than a small cabbage, increase the measurements in the dressing since this salad should be generously dressed.
- In a large bowl, pour the dressing over the sliced cabbage, toss, and allow it to sit for 10 minutes before serving so it absorbs the flavors.