Try this trifolati recipe made with zucchini. You can watch Sue prepare the dish in this clip from Lakeland Cooks!
- 1 pound small zucchini
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Wash zucchini. Cut them in half lengthwise and then in half crosswise into rough pieces of about three-quarter inch.
- Tear tomatoes in half and squeeze out some of the seeds and juice. Peel the garlic and cut into slivers.
- Chop basil and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add zucchini.
- When zucchini begins to brown, add garlic and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper. Stir well, then cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add basil.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, cover and set aside at least 10 minutes before serving.