Since launching the Knight-funded Web site EveryBlock just over two months ago, we’ve been asked many questions about the project, from the philosophical (“Why is this ‘news’?”) to logistical (“When will the code be open-sourced?”). We’ve compiled the most frequently asked questions into a brand-new FAQ. Check it out.
MediaShift delivers the best news on media and technology directly to your in-box.
Best of Idea Lab
- The Difference Between 'Invention' and 'Innovation'
- The Pros and Cons of Using Kickstarter to Fundraise
- Former Facebook ME Dan Fletcher: 'It's a Great Time to Launch a New Publication'
- 4 Lessons for Journalism Students from the Digital Edge
- The Top 5 Ways to Help Survivors During a Disaster
- Lessons from the School of Data Journalism
- Can Citizen Journalism Move Beyond Crisis Reporting?
- Mona Lisa Stopped Smiling: A Conversation on the Phenomenology of News