How can technology improve on even the best journalistic work and help journalists hold officials to account? In the first of the News Is Code series, we take a look at the recent Pulitzer won by Dana Priest and Anne Hull of the Washington Post for their series on conditions at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center.
MediaShift delivers the best news on media and technology directly to your in-box.
Best of Idea Lab
- The Difference Between 'Invention' and 'Innovation'
- The Pros and Cons of Using Kickstarter to Fundraise
- Former Facebook ME Dan Fletcher: 'It's a Great Time to Launch a New Publication'
- 4 Lessons for Journalism Students from the Digital Edge
- The Top 5 Ways to Help Survivors During a Disaster
- Lessons from the School of Data Journalism
- Can Citizen Journalism Move Beyond Crisis Reporting?
- Mona Lisa Stopped Smiling: A Conversation on the Phenomenology of News