Only 34 days until Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide premieres on Independent Lens October 1 & 2, 2012 at 9 PM on PBS. Mark your calendar, set your DVR, tell your friends, plan a watching party, get excited! This special two-night event has a cornucopia of ways you can be a part of the stories you’ll hear, from a social TV application, to Twitter conversations and Facebook games.
But why wait for October? Start being a part of the celebration now. Our partners at the Women and Girls Lead Initiative are teaming with the Half the Sky documentary producers on social media right now. Here’s how to join us:
- Take a picture of yourself holding a piece of paper with the words “Women hold up half the sky” on it in your native language. If you want to personalize your sign, complete this sentence: “Women Hold Up Half the Sky Because _________.”:
- Post your photo to the Women and Girls Lead Facebook wall, and tag Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide in your caption.
- Upload your pic using a photo sharing site such as Twitpic or Imgur and tweet the link to @womengirlslead and @Half, and/or use the hashtag #halfthesky.
- If you prefer, your photo to us at email@example.com.
- We’ll collect all of your photos in an album, and you’ll be a permanent part of Half the Sky history!
See you on the internets!