JOURNEY TO PLANET EARTH CLUBS provide students, teachers, museum educators, youth leaders and parents with resources to extend the impact of the issues raised by the television programs. Journey to Planet Earth Clubs conduct teacher and youth leader training workshops, public programs, special events, and lecture series in communities across the country.
Working with middle school teachers, home-school associations, parents, Boys and Girls Clubs, Girl and Boy Scout Troops, and other community youth organizations, Journey to Planet Earth Clubs are being coordinated through the following science centers and museums.
- Boonshoft Museum of Discovery, Dayton, Ohio
- Louisville Science Center, Louisville, Kentucky
- Maryland Science Center, Baltimore, Maryland
- Museum of Natural History, San Diego, California
- Museum of Science and Industry, Tampa, Florida
- Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum, Chicago, Illinois
- Omniplex, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Oregon Museum of Science and Industry, Portland, Oregon
- Science Museum of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Science Museum of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia
- Witte Museum, San Antonio, Texas
Would you like to start a Journey to Planet Earth Club?
Interested in learning more about our outreach opportunities and free materials?
Want details on activities already occurring in your community?
4330 Yuma Street, NW
Washington, DC 20016