The Latest Episode in the Journey to Planet Earth Series:
Dispatches from the Gulf 2: Research * Innovation * Discovery
Experience remarkable stories from the unprecedented scientific mission to comprehensively study the impact of Deepwater Horizon and find new ways to ease the devastation. Includes the never-before-documented drama of bottlenose dolphins struggling to survive, and the capture of one of the world’s largest predatory sharks.
- Some of the questions answered in the documentary include:
- Why are so many pregnant dolphins losing their young?
- Why did much of the oyster population in Louisiana disappear?
- Did Deepwater Horizon oil affect the health of sharks?
- Did the use of dispersants help mitigate the impact of the oil spill?
- Will we now be able to predict where ocean currents will carry the oil that results from future spills?
Journey To Planet Earth
Journey to Planet Earth is a PBS documentary series that dramatizes new ways of looking at the delicate relationship between people and the world they inhabit. It is designed to help viewers understand the complexities of dealing with the most important environmental issues of the 21st century.
Through an interdisciplinary approach, these programs reach beyond the physical sciences and draw connections to politics, economics, anthropology, sociology, and history.