Episode 15: Dispatches from the Gulf 2: Research * Innovation * Discovery
"Dispatches 2" is the sequel to the award-winning documentary "Dispatches from the Gulf 1: Science * Community * Recovery"
Experience remarkable stories from the unprecedented scientific mission to comprehensively study the impact of Deepwater Horizon and find new ways to ease the devastation. Includes the never-before-documented drama of bottlenose dolphins struggling to survive, and the capture of one of the world’s largest predatory sharks. Some of the questions answered in the documentary include:
- Why are so many pregnant dolphins losing their young?
- Why did much of the oyster population in Louisiana disappear?
- Did Deepwater Horizon oil affect the health of sharks?
- Did the use of dispersants help mitigate the impact of the oil spill?
- Will we now be able to predict where ocean currents will carry the oil that results from future spills?