Instructions: Work with your group to create ideas for an American national memorial to the U.S.-Mexican War. Answer all of the following questions and have a member of your group draw a simple sketch of what your memorial would look like. If you have additional ideas about the memorial that aren't addressed in the questions, feel free to add those ideas to the bottom of this worksheet.
1. What is the goal of your memorial?
2. What is the target audience of your memorial?
3. Who would your memorial honor?
4. What words, if any, would be on your memorial?
5. In what city or state would your memorial live?
6. What would be the setting for your memorial?
Additional group ideas about the memorial: