1. Marie Antoinette was often accused of having a secret love affair with whom?
The Cardinal de Rohan, a French Bishop
Count Axel von Fersen, a Swedish Statesman
Jacques Necker, the Minister of Finance
The Abbe Sieyes, a key player in the start of France's Revolution
2. In her last days, Marie Antoinette was held prisoner with her two surviving children and Madame Elizabeth, who was:
Her favorite servant
Louis XVI's mistress
3. What was the name of Marie Antoinette's famous getaway, built on the grounds of Versailles?
Garden of the Gods
Chateau de Antoinette
4. When they learned they would be crowned King and Queen, what did Marie Antoinette and Dauphin Louis pray for?
Political savvy and many allies
Guidance and protection
Nothing; they were atheists
5. What was the name of the mock village Marie Antoinette had built on the Versaille grounds?
The Hall of Mirrors
6. What did Marie Antoinette do at Petit Trianon?
Milked cows and tended sheep
All of the above
7. Why were the underground pamphlets portraying an immoral Marie Antoinette impossible for the French government to suppress?
France had strong freedom-of-press laws
The volume was too great, and production was too fast
The queen herself told government officials not to react to such trash
King Louis XVI ordered officials to ignore them
8. In the Diamond Necklace Affair, how did con artists trick Cardinal de Rohan into buying a 2,842 karat diamond necklace?
Having a Marie Antoinette look-alike meet with Rohan to encourage the purchase
Forging letters “from Marie Antoinette" to the Cardinal
Telling the cardinal how much Marie Antoinette wanted the necklace
All of the above
Copyright David Grubin Productions, Inc. 2006
Published September 13, 2006