1. Due to her extravagant tastes, Marie Antoinette had many nicknames, including:
2. In her last days, Marie Antoinette was held prisoner with her two surviving children and Madame Elizabeth, who was:
Her favorite servant
Louis XVI's mistress
3. As a child, Marie Antoinette learned how to play:
4. Marie Antoinette frequently corresponded with her mother, who offered what advice?
“Never go to bed angry.”
“Learn as much as you can about governmental secrets, and pass them back to me.”
“Do try to get your head stocked with good reading. You need it more than almost anyone.”
“Make a special effort to meet and converse with the people of France, and make them adore you as much as I do.”
5. Which one of Marie Antoinette's closest friends was tortured and beheaded by the Parisian mob?
Princesse de Lamballe
Madame du Barry
Comtesse de Lamotte
6. As a young child, what did Marie Antoinette love to do?
Read and write
Help local poor children
Sing and dance
7. How did tabloid pamphlets in France portray Marie Antoinette?
As a kind and benevolent queen
As a steely matriarch, like her mother
As an extravagant, adulterous, and perverted ignoramus
As a political mastermind
8. What became of Marie Antoinette's son, Louis-Charles?
He eventually ruled France
He died in prison at age ten
He moved to America, where he lived with Thomas Jefferson
He died of consumption in infancy
Copyright David Grubin Productions, Inc. 2006
Published September 13, 2006