1. Marie Antoinette's mother was a famous ruler. Who was she?
Empress Maria Theresa
The Queen of Sheba
2. How many children did Marie Antoinette and Louis XVI have?
None; Marie was unable to conceive
3. What infamous quote has been wrongfully attributed to Marie Antoinette?
Peasants aren't people!
Live and let die.
Let them eat cake.
Poverty bores me.
4. What were Marie Antoinette’s last words before she was beheaded?
Sir, I am not guilty. (She screamed this as she tried to get away).
I am proud to die for my beloved France.
I am sorry; I did not mean to do it. (An apology for stepping on the executioner's foot).
Shame on you, you vile criminals.
5. What was the name of the ambassador sent by Marie Antoinette's mother to report on her activities?
Sir de la Rouche
Cardinal de Rohan
Axel von Fersen
6. When they learned they would be crowned King and Queen, what did Marie Antoinette and Dauphin Louis pray for?
Political savvy and many allies
Guidance and protection
Nothing; they were atheists
7. Louis XVI was a solitary person. What was he passionate about?
8. In the Diamond Necklace Affair, how did con artists trick Cardinal de Rohan into buying a 2,842 karat diamond necklace?
Having a Marie Antoinette look-alike meet with Rohan to encourage the purchase
Forging letters “from Marie Antoinette" to the Cardinal
Telling the cardinal how much Marie Antoinette wanted the necklace
All of the above
Copyright David Grubin Productions, Inc. 2006
Published September 13, 2006