1. Due to her extravagant tastes, Marie Antoinette had many nicknames, including:
2. How old was Marie Antoinette when she got married?
3. Was was the name of the jewelry theft scandal in which Marie Antoinette was wrongfully involved?
The Bracelet Scam
The Diamond Necklace Affair
The Jewelry Hijacking
The Royal Ruse
4. The piece of diamond jewelry at the center of the Diamond Necklace Affair contained how many karats?
None; it was a fake
5. As a young woman, Marie Antoinette was criticized for partaking in what pastime?
All of the Above
6. What was the name of the ambassador sent by Marie Antoinette's mother to report on her activities?
Sir de la Rouche
Cardinal de Rohan
Axel von Fersen
7. What did Marie Antoinette's mother say about her penchant for fashion?
“Dress well, and your people will think well of you.”
“The French have the finest fabrics and most exquisite tailors, so indulge yourself in your new country’s finery!”
“A good queen has no care for her appearance; it is her keen intellect that is most her most attractive feature.”
“Simplicity of attire is more suitable to exalted rank.”
8. Where was The Tennis Court Oath signed?
At the marble courtyard in Versailles
At an indoor tennis court
At a court located in a Parisian gentleman's club
In a boardroom; its title is a misnomer
Copyright David Grubin Productions, Inc. 2006
Published September 13, 2006