1. In 1789, an angry crowd led by women marched to Versaille. What did they demand?
Marie Antoinette's head
2. What was Marie Antoinette's name at birth?
Marietta de la Anton
3. At her trial, what was Marie Antoinette accused of?
Sexually abusing her son
All of the above
4. When Marie Antoinette and Louis XVI tried to flee house arrest, in which city were they caught?
5. The piece of diamond jewelry at the center of the Diamond Necklace Affair contained how many karats?
None; it was a fake
6. Which one of Marie Antoinette's closest friends was tortured and beheaded by the Parisian mob?
Princesse de Lamballe
Madame du Barry
Comtesse de Lamotte
7. When Marie Antoinette and her husband could not consummate their marriage, what did Marie Antoinette’s mother do?
Required that the couple speak with their priest
Sent Marie Antoinette's brother to counsel them
Sent the couple traditional Austrian aphrodisiacs
Scheduled a full medical examination for Marie Antoinette
8. How did tabloid pamphlets in France portray Marie Antoinette?
As a kind and benevolent queen
As a steely matriarch, like her mother
As an extravagant, adulterous, and perverted ignoramus
As a political mastermind
Copyright David Grubin Productions, Inc. 2006
Published September 13, 2006