1. How many siblings did Marie Antoinette have?
2, including a twin brother
None; she was an only child
2. What is Marie Antoinette’s native country?
3. Was was the name of the jewelry theft scandal in which Marie Antoinette was wrongfully involved?
The Bracelet Scam
The Diamond Necklace Affair
The Jewelry Hijacking
The Royal Ruse
4. How did a French journalist describe Marie Antoinette's procession to her execution?
"Marie Antoinette was the picture of courage."
"The whore was audacious and insolent to the very end."
"Our Queen knew that she had made her bed, and that she must lie in it."
"Everyone lining the streets said that a grave mistake was being made."
5. The piece of diamond jewelry at the center of the Diamond Necklace Affair contained how many karats?
None; it was a fake
6. How did Marie Antoinette change the landscape at Petit Trianon?
She removed all formal gardens and planted wildflowers
She paved the entire area with precious marble slabs
She had it landscaped to resemble the English countryside
She built numerous apartments for the peasantry
7. How did tabloid pamphlets in France portray Marie Antoinette?
As a kind and benevolent queen
As a steely matriarch, like her mother
As an extravagant, adulterous, and perverted ignoramus
As a political mastermind
8. What became of Marie Antoinette's daughter, Marie-Thérèse-Charlotte?
She was executed beside her mother
She married Axel von Fersen, the man rumored to be her mother's lover
She had nine children of her own
She was allowed to leave France, the only royal family member who survived the Revolution
Copyright David Grubin Productions, Inc. 2006
Published September 13, 2006