1. In 1789, an angry crowd led by women marched to Versaille. What did they demand?
Marie Antoinette's head
2. What was Marie Antoinette's name at birth?
Marietta de la Anton
3. What infamous quote has been wrongfully attributed to Marie Antoinette?
Peasants aren't people!
Live and let die.
Let them eat cake.
Poverty bores me.
4. The piece of diamond jewelry at the center of the Diamond Necklace Affair contained how many karats?
None; it was a fake
5. When they learned they would be crowned King and Queen, what did Marie Antoinette and Dauphin Louis pray for?
Political savvy and many allies
Guidance and protection
Nothing; they were atheists
6. Louis XVI was a solitary person. What was he passionate about?
7. How did Marie Antoinette change the landscape at Petit Trianon?
She removed all formal gardens and planted wildflowers
She paved the entire area with precious marble slabs
She had it landscaped to resemble the English countryside
She built numerous apartments for the peasantry
8. What became of Marie Antoinette's son, Louis-Charles?
He eventually ruled France
He died in prison at age ten
He moved to America, where he lived with Thomas Jefferson
He died of consumption in infancy
Copyright David Grubin Productions, Inc. 2006
Published September 13, 2006