1. How many siblings did Marie Antoinette have?
2, including a twin brother
None; she was an only child
2. How old was Marie Antoinette when she got married?
3. Marie Antoinette frequently corresponded with her mother, who offered what advice?
“Never go to bed angry.”
“Learn as much as you can about governmental secrets, and pass them back to me.”
“Do try to get your head stocked with good reading. You need it more than almost anyone.”
“Make a special effort to meet and converse with the people of France, and make them adore you as much as I do.”
4. When they learned they would be crowned King and Queen, what did Marie Antoinette and Dauphin Louis pray for?
Political savvy and many allies
Guidance and protection
Nothing; they were atheists
5. As a child, Marie Antoinette met what famous composer?
6. As a young queen, how did Marie Antoinette wear her hair?
In traditional Austrian braids
In a severe bun
Piled three feet high
Shaved to the scalp and covered with a bonnet
7. In the Diamond Necklace Affair, how did con artists trick Cardinal de Rohan into buying a 2,842 karat diamond necklace?
Having a Marie Antoinette look-alike meet with Rohan to encourage the purchase
Forging letters “from Marie Antoinette" to the Cardinal
Telling the cardinal how much Marie Antoinette wanted the necklace
All of the above
8. Where was The Tennis Court Oath signed?
At the marble courtyard in Versailles
At an indoor tennis court
At a court located in a Parisian gentleman's club
In a boardroom; its title is a misnomer
Copyright David Grubin Productions, Inc. 2006
Published September 13, 2006