1. Marie Antoinette's mother was a famous ruler. Who was she?
Empress Maria Theresa
The Queen of Sheba
2. How many children did Marie Antoinette and Louis XVI have?
None; Marie was unable to conceive
3. Marie Antoinette was often accused of having a secret love affair with whom?
The Cardinal de Rohan, a French Bishop
Count Axel von Fersen, a Swedish Statesman
Jacques Necker, the Minister of Finance
The Abbe Sieyes, a key player in the start of France's Revolution
4. How old was Marie Antoinette when she got married?
5. What were Marie Antoinette’s last words before she was beheaded?
Sir, I am not guilty. (She screamed this as she tried to get away).
I am proud to die for my beloved France.
I am sorry; I did not mean to do it. (An apology for stepping on the executioner's foot).
Shame on you, you vile criminals.
6. Which one of Marie Antoinette's closest friends was tortured and beheaded by the Parisian mob?
Princesse de Lamballe
Madame du Barry
Comtesse de Lamotte
7. When Marie Antoinette and her husband could not consummate their marriage, what did Marie Antoinette’s mother do?
Required that the couple speak with their priest
Sent Marie Antoinette's brother to counsel them
Sent the couple traditional Austrian aphrodisiacs
Scheduled a full medical examination for Marie Antoinette
8. How old was Marie Antoinette when she died?
Copyright David Grubin Productions, Inc. 2006
Published September 13, 2006