1. Marie Antoinette's mother was a famous ruler. Who was she?
Empress Maria Theresa
The Queen of Sheba
2. In her last days, Marie Antoinette was held prisoner with her two surviving children and Madame Elizabeth, who was:
Her favorite servant
Louis XVI's mistress
3. What is Marie Antoinette’s native country?
4. As a child, Marie Antoinette met what famous composer?
5. How did Marie Antoinette change the landscape at Petit Trianon?
She removed all formal gardens and planted wildflowers
She paved the entire area with precious marble slabs
She had it landscaped to resemble the English countryside
She built numerous apartments for the peasantry
6. How did tabloid pamphlets in France portray Marie Antoinette?
As a kind and benevolent queen
As a steely matriarch, like her mother
As an extravagant, adulterous, and perverted ignoramus
As a political mastermind
7. How many mirrors are in Versailles famed Hall of Mirrors?
One large mirror placed on the ceiling
8. What became of Marie Antoinette's son, Louis-Charles?
He eventually ruled France
He died in prison at age ten
He moved to America, where he lived with Thomas Jefferson
He died of consumption in infancy
Copyright David Grubin Productions, Inc. 2006
Published September 13, 2006