With the rapidly deteriorating situation in Israel, Gaza and Lebanon, many people rely on various online sources to get news directly from the region — whether it’s from Israeli or Arab newspaper sites, local bloggers or video journalists. I’m curious which sources you trust to give you unbiased news, or perhaps how you compare and contrast sources to get both sides. Using your suggestions, I’ll try to piece together a picture of what’s happening in the Middle East, quoting from the most interesting viewpoints and eyewitness reports. So tell us — which online sources do you trust, and why do you trust them? Feel free to name American news outlets, broadcast sites, and any other good sources. And if you’ve had a bad experience, you can expound on that as well. I’ll tally up your votes and use the best comments in the next Your Take Roundup.Related
Which online sources are helping you follow news from the Middle East?
By Mark Glaser
July 17, 2006
Mediatwits Google Hangout
Mediatwits on SoundCloud
MediaShift delivers the best news on media and technology directly to your in-box.
Best of Mediashift
- Taking Action: EdShift Launches to Move Journalism Education Forward
- Special Series: Crowdfunding the Media
- 10 Important Tips on Teaching Entrepreneurship
- The Real Costs of Self-Publishing a Book
- Why We Need Radical Change for Media Ethics, Not a Return to Basics
- Special Series: Teaching Tomorrow's Entrepreneurs