With the rapidly deteriorating situation in Israel, Gaza and Lebanon, many people rely on various online sources to get news directly from the region — whether it’s from Israeli or Arab newspaper sites, local bloggers or video journalists. I’m curious which sources you trust to give you unbiased news, or perhaps how you compare and contrast sources to get both sides. Using your suggestions, I’ll try to piece together a picture of what’s happening in the Middle East, quoting from the most interesting viewpoints and eyewitness reports. So tell us — which online sources do you trust, and why do you trust them? Feel free to name American news outlets, broadcast sites, and any other good sources. And if you’ve had a bad experience, you can expound on that as well. I’ll tally up your votes and use the best comments in the next Your Take Roundup.
Which online sources are helping you follow news from the Middle East?
Mediatwits Google Hangout
Mediatwits on SoundCloud
MediaShift delivers the best news on media and technology directly to your in-box.
Best of Mediashift
- Cutting the Cord 2015: A Special Series on Streaming TV
- Your Guide to Cutting the Cord to Cable TV
- Why It Takes More than Unplugging to Solve Modern Stress
- How to Unplug Your Kids Despite Schools Pushing Tech with Common Core
- Special Series: Unplugging from Technology 2015
- DigitalEd: How to Manage, Verify Eyewitness Media on Social
- DigitalEd: iPhone Audio Reporting 101
- DigitalEd: How Publishers Can Engage on Social & Drive Revenue
Get MediaShift Daily via Email
Follow us on Social
Who we Are
MediaShift explains how traditional media such as newspapers, magazines, radio, TV, music and movies are changing with digital disruption and adapting their business models for a more mobile, networked world.
If you're interested in submitting a guest column, see our guidelines here.