I tried hard not to watch the car crash that was Amanda Congdon splitting from the most popular video blog in history, Rocketboom. But rubbernecking is a tough habit to break. Congdon left the show or was fired by producer Andrew Baron, depending on who’s telling the story. If you’re just joining the soap opera that’s been splashed all over the blogosphere, gossip site Valleywag has the blow-by-blow blog posts. I’ll have my own thoughts on the high-profile split, along with quotes from various observers, on Monday, but now it’s your turn to weigh in. Who should be the next face of Rocketboom? Who has the humor, the charisma, the smarts to follow in Congdon’s footsteps? Or do you think no one can follow her and Rocketboom will flounder? Share your thoughts in the comments and I’ll run the best ideas in the next Your Take Roundup.
Who should replace Amanda Congdon at Rocketboom (if that’s possible)?
By Mark Glaser
July 7, 2006
Mediatwits Google Hangout
Mediatwits on SoundCloud
MediaShift delivers the best news on media and technology directly to your in-box.
Best of Mediashift
- Special Series: Crowdfunding the Media
- The Real Costs of Self-Publishing a Book
- Self-Publishing Your Book: Where’s the Money?
- We Need a Digital-First Curriculum to Teach Modern Journalism
- Why We Need Radical Change for Media Ethics, Not a Return to Basics
- Raju Narisetti's Top 9 Challenges Facing Journalism
- Who Really Owns Your Photos in Social Media? (Updated 2013 Edition)
- Native Advertising: How It Works at the Huffington Post