As the new year dawns the time is nigh for year-end roundups, looks back and overall journalistic holiday laziness. One of the great traditions in journalism is a list of predictions for what will come in the year ahead — and never following up to find out which predictions actually came true. Rather than make my own predictions, and because Time magazine has deemed “you” as the Person of the Year, I’ve decided to turn this prognostication duty over to you, dear MediaShift readers. So what’s your most audacious prediction for the year in media ahead of us? Will GoogTube figure out how to make money? Will Rocketboom launch a lawsuit against Amanda Congdon at ABC? Will Nick Denton tie his pay to Valleywag traffic numbers? Will TechCrunch’s Michael Arrington be humble? Share your craziest predictions for 2007 in the comments, explain why it will happen, and I’ll list the best ones in the next Your Take Roundup in the new year.Related
What is your most audacious prediction for the media in 2007?
By Mark Glaser
December 20, 2006
Mediatwits Google Hangout
Mediatwits on SoundCloud
MediaShift delivers the best news on media and technology directly to your in-box.
Best of Mediashift
- Taking Action: EdShift Launches to Move Journalism Education Forward
- Special Series: Crowdfunding the Media
- 10 Important Tips on Teaching Entrepreneurship
- The Real Costs of Self-Publishing a Book
- Why We Need Radical Change for Media Ethics, Not a Return to Basics
- Special Series: Teaching Tomorrow's Entrepreneurs