Apple CEO Steve Jobs says the new iPad will be revolutionary. Pre-orders have sold well, Apple stock is soaring, and Apple Stores will likely be jammed this weekend for the April 3 launch of the device. But can the iPad really follow in the footsteps of the iPhone and change our media habits in a radical way, whether it’s reading books, watching video or playing games? Do you plan on buying one or skipping the hype? What’s your reason to love it or ignore it? Answer our poll below about how the iPad will change the media industry, and then post a comment below with your own detailed take on it.Related
Mediatwits Google Hangout
Mediatwits on SoundCloud
MediaShift delivers the best news on media and technology directly to your in-box.
Best of Mediashift
- #ISOJ Highlights: Drones, Wearables, Ethics and Startups
- 11 Steps to a Better Twitter Stream
- Social Media Editors in the Newsroom: What the Job is Really Like
- Takeaway from Journalism Interactive: Time for Educators to Go Full Bore
- SXSW 2014: Journalism's Future Tied to Social, Mobile, Data
- Special Series: Crowdfunding the Media
- The Real Costs of Self-Publishing a Book
Get MediaShift Daily via Email
Follow us on Social
Who we Are
MediaShift explains how traditional media such as newspapers, magazines, radio, TV, music and movies are changing with digital disruption and adapting their business models for a more mobile, networked world.
If you're interested in submitting a guest column, see our guidelines here.