Apple CEO Steve Jobs says the new iPad will be revolutionary. Pre-orders have sold well, Apple stock is soaring, and Apple Stores will likely be jammed this weekend for the April 3 launch of the device. But can the iPad really follow in the footsteps of the iPhone and change our media habits in a radical way, whether it’s reading books, watching video or playing games? Do you plan on buying one or skipping the hype? What’s your reason to love it or ignore it? Answer our poll below about how the iPad will change the media industry, and then post a comment below with your own detailed take on it.
Mediatwits Google Hangout
Mediatwits on SoundCloud
MediaShift delivers the best news on media and technology directly to your in-box.
Best of Mediashift
- Special Series: Crowdfunding the Media
- The Real Costs of Self-Publishing a Book
- Self-Publishing Your Book: Where’s the Money?
- We Need a Digital-First Curriculum to Teach Modern Journalism
- Why We Need Radical Change for Media Ethics, Not a Return to Basics
- Raju Narisetti's Top 9 Challenges Facing Journalism
- Who Really Owns Your Photos in Social Media? (Updated 2013 Edition)
- Native Advertising: How It Works at the Huffington Post