In the past decade, the surest way to start a fight in the tech world was to write a negative story about a Mac product. You’d bring in comments from Mac lovers calling you a heretic, while Mac haters would consider you a hero. These Mac vs. PC holy wars continued for years, with even a funny series of Apple ads to top it off. Now we have a whole new set of holy wars happening over social networks. When someone says that Google+ is dead, people on Twitter celebrate, while people on Google+ get steaming mad. And the same for hardcore Facebook users. So tell us which social network you use the most in this week’s poll, and give your reasons why in the comments below. Keep it civil, social crusaders!
Who will win the social media wars? Image from "Tech2Date.com":http://www.tech2date.com/google-vs-facebook.html.
Mediatwits Google Hangout
Mediatwits on SoundCloud
MediaShift delivers the best news on media and technology directly to your in-box.
Best of Mediashift
- Special Series: Crowdfunding the Media
- The Real Costs of Self-Publishing a Book
- Self-Publishing Your Book: Where’s the Money?
- We Need a Digital-First Curriculum to Teach Modern Journalism
- Why We Need Radical Change for Media Ethics, Not a Return to Basics
- Raju Narisetti's Top 9 Challenges Facing Journalism
- Who Really Owns Your Photos in Social Media? (Updated 2013 Edition)
- Native Advertising: How It Works at the Huffington Post