Are you recovered yet? The SXSW Interactive festival in Austin, Texas, was bigger than ever this year, with more parties, more panels, more rain and more controversy than ever. If you braved the lines, the weather and the crowds to learn more about creative culture while networking with friends old and new, you deserve a breather now. So what’s your take on this year’s festival? Was it better than ever? Overhyped? Or did you just stay at home and watch the action on Twitter and Facebook? Vote in our poll about SXSW and tell us your stories in the comments below.
Poll: What Did You Think of SXSW This Year?
By Mark Glaser
March 16, 2012
The HootBus rolled on in Austin, Texas, during SXSW, promoting HootSuite and providing transportation around the conference. Photo by Kris Krug
Mediatwits Google Hangout
Mediatwits on SoundCloud
MediaShift delivers the best news on media and technology directly to your in-box.
Best of Mediashift
- 'Out of Print' Doc Examines The End of Print Books and What It Portends
- Why Do Cats Dominate the Internet?
- Mark Luckie: Twitter Not Getting Into News Business
- Coding for the Future: The Rise of Hacker Journalism
- CNN's Jeff Zucker Talks Social Media, Considers Native Ads
- Facebook Managing Editor Steps Down, Says Site 'Doesn't Need Reporters'
- Will Authors Get Compensated for Used E-Book Sales?