Are you recovered yet? The SXSW Interactive festival in Austin, Texas, was bigger than ever this year, with more parties, more panels, more rain and more controversy than ever. If you braved the lines, the weather and the crowds to learn more about creative culture while networking with friends old and new, you deserve a breather now. So what’s your take on this year’s festival? Was it better than ever? Overhyped? Or did you just stay at home and watch the action on Twitter and Facebook? Vote in our poll about SXSW and tell us your stories in the comments below.
Mediatwits Google Hangout
Mediatwits on SoundCloud
MediaShift delivers the best news on media and technology directly to your in-box.
Best of Mediashift
- Why Clay Shirky Banned Laptops, Tablets and Phones from His Classroom
- Bright Orange 'Book Bikes' Signify Changing Times for Libraries
- How Gigaom Built a Media Business Around Free Content
- Special Series: Common Core and Journalism Education
- 8 Data Innovation Projects to Present at Collab/Space DC
- How to Succeed as a Voiceover Artist in the Digital Age
- The Real Costs of Self-Publishing a Book
- The Best Journalism School in America Is...
Get MediaShift Daily via Email
Follow us on Social
Who we Are
MediaShift explains how traditional media such as newspapers, magazines, radio, TV, music and movies are changing with digital disruption and adapting their business models for a more mobile, networked world.
If you're interested in submitting a guest column, see our guidelines here.