Are you recovered yet? The SXSW Interactive festival in Austin, Texas, was bigger than ever this year, with more parties, more panels, more rain and more controversy than ever. If you braved the lines, the weather and the crowds to learn more about creative culture while networking with friends old and new, you deserve a breather now. So what’s your take on this year’s festival? Was it better than ever? Overhyped? Or did you just stay at home and watch the action on Twitter and Facebook? Vote in our poll about SXSW and tell us your stories in the comments below.
The HootBus rolled on in Austin, Texas, during SXSW, promoting HootSuite and providing transportation around the conference. Photo by Kris Krug
Mediatwits Google Hangout
Mediatwits on SoundCloud
MediaShift delivers the best news on media and technology directly to your in-box.
Best of Mediashift
- Special Series: Crowdfunding the Media
- The Real Costs of Self-Publishing a Book
- Self-Publishing Your Book: Where’s the Money?
- We Need a Digital-First Curriculum to Teach Modern Journalism
- Why We Need Radical Change for Media Ethics, Not a Return to Basics
- Raju Narisetti's Top 9 Challenges Facing Journalism
- Who Really Owns Your Photos in Social Media? (Updated 2013 Edition)
- Native Advertising: How It Works at the Huffington Post