We’ve all heard the heart-warming stories of inventors and creators who couldn’t get their ideas funded, and then turned to crowdfunding sites such as Kickstarter or Indiegogo to raise the money they needed. And then there are the other-worldly stories like the Pebble smart watch that raised millions on Kickstarter. While you might kick in some money for a promising project, you can’t fund all of them. How much have you participated in funding these kinds of projects? Have you given a little or a whole lot? Vote in our poll and explain more in the comments below.Related
Mediatwits Google Hangout
Mediatwits on SoundCloud
MediaShift delivers the best news on media and technology directly to your in-box.
Best of Mediashift
- #ISOJ Highlights: Drones, Wearables, Ethics and Startups
- 11 Steps to a Better Twitter Stream
- Social Media Editors in the Newsroom: What the Job is Really Like
- Takeaway from Journalism Interactive: Time for Educators to Go Full Bore
- SXSW 2014: Journalism's Future Tied to Social, Mobile, Data
- Special Series: Crowdfunding the Media
- The Real Costs of Self-Publishing a Book
Get MediaShift Daily via Email
Follow us on Social
Who we Are
MediaShift explains how traditional media such as newspapers, magazines, radio, TV, music and movies are changing with digital disruption and adapting their business models for a more mobile, networked world.
If you're interested in submitting a guest column, see our guidelines here.