We’ve all heard the heart-warming stories of inventors and creators who couldn’t get their ideas funded, and then turned to crowdfunding sites such as Kickstarter or Indiegogo to raise the money they needed. And then there are the other-worldly stories like the Pebble smart watch that raised millions on Kickstarter. While you might kick in some money for a promising project, you can’t fund all of them. How much have you participated in funding these kinds of projects? Have you given a little or a whole lot? Vote in our poll and explain more in the comments below.
The Pebble smart watch raised more than $10 million through Kickstarter.
Mediatwits Google Hangout
Mediatwits on SoundCloud
MediaShift delivers the best news on media and technology directly to your in-box.
Best of Mediashift
- Special Series: Crowdfunding the Media
- The Real Costs of Self-Publishing a Book
- Self-Publishing Your Book: Where’s the Money?
- We Need a Digital-First Curriculum to Teach Modern Journalism
- Why We Need Radical Change for Media Ethics, Not a Return to Basics
- Raju Narisetti's Top 9 Challenges Facing Journalism
- Who Really Owns Your Photos in Social Media? (Updated 2013 Edition)
- Native Advertising: How It Works at the Huffington Post