All week long, PBS MediaShift has been running a special series Unplug 2012 about our need to take breaks from the immersion of technology and media in our lives. As much as we love having smartphones, tablets and always-on access to our favorite TV shows, podcasts, blogs and social streams, we all need a break at some point. So how do you find balance in your life? Do you have a “Technology Sabbath” for one day per week, or an entire weekend? Or does your job require you to be connected at all hours of the day and night? Vote in our poll and share your thoughts in the comments below.
Photo by "jessica":http://www.flickr.com/people/jessflickr/ via Flickr
Mediatwits Google Hangout
Mediatwits on SoundCloud
MediaShift delivers the best news on media and technology directly to your in-box.
Best of Mediashift
- Special Series: Crowdfunding the Media
- The Real Costs of Self-Publishing a Book
- Self-Publishing Your Book: Where’s the Money?
- We Need a Digital-First Curriculum to Teach Modern Journalism
- Why We Need Radical Change for Media Ethics, Not a Return to Basics
- Raju Narisetti's Top 9 Challenges Facing Journalism
- Who Really Owns Your Photos in Social Media? (Updated 2013 Edition)
- Native Advertising: How It Works at the Huffington Post