You will not be surprised to hear that the upcoming political conventions in the U.S. will be all over social media. Not only will it be a hashtag bonanza on Twitter and a like-fest on Facebook, but both conventions will be live-streamed, gavel to gavel, on YouTube. So what’s your plan on tuning into the conventions? Are you skipping them this year? Will you follow on social media, live-streaming video, or the old-fashioned way on TV or radio? Vote in our poll below (you can pick multiple options) and share your thoughts on convention coverage in the comments below. To hear more about YouTube’s coverage, listen to this week’s Mediatwits podcast.
Twitter will be all over the upcoming political conventions. In fact, the GOP Convention has its own Twitter feed "@GOPconvention":http://www.twitter.com/GOPconvention
2012 conventions, democratic convention, facebook, gop convention, live-streaming, twitter, youtube elections hub
Mediatwits Google Hangout
Mediatwits on SoundCloud
MediaShift delivers the best news on media and technology directly to your in-box.
Best of Mediashift
- Special Series: Crowdfunding the Media
- The Real Costs of Self-Publishing a Book
- Self-Publishing Your Book: Where’s the Money?
- We Need a Digital-First Curriculum to Teach Modern Journalism
- Why We Need Radical Change for Media Ethics, Not a Return to Basics
- Raju Narisetti's Top 9 Challenges Facing Journalism
- Who Really Owns Your Photos in Social Media? (Updated 2013 Edition)
- Native Advertising: How It Works at the Huffington Post