Mediatwits #138: Streaming Music Rising: Spotify, YouTube, Beats, Pandora
For Freelancers Alone in Danger Zones, A Communications Plan is Crucial
DBW E-book Bestsellers: Big-Name Authors Storm the Best-Seller List
Your guide to the digital media revolution
With your hostMark Glaser
1. MOOC course with 41k students, “Fundamentals of Online Education,” shut down following complaints (InsideHigherEd)
2. Something to think about as you sign those student loans: Median salary for reporters $35k, $52k for editors (Poynter)
3. New research in digital scholarship: Twitter philosophies, dying on Facebook, and the age of mobile media (Nieman)
4. What’s behind the reluctance of many scholars to tweet? A loss of control over their research (Guardian)
5. 20 must-use tech tools for educators (Huffington Post)
Get the weekly Journalism Education Roundup email from MediaShift
Check out MediaShift Sponsorship opportunities!
Subscribe in YouTube
Subscribe in RSS
Subscribe in SoundCloud
Subscribe in iTunes
MediaShift delivers the best news on media and technology directly to your in-box.
MediaShift explains how traditional media such as newspapers, magazines, radio, TV, music and movies are changing with digital disruption and adapting their business models for a more mobile, networked world.
If you're interested in submitting a guest column, see our guidelines here.