“Beginning in June, we’re asking all employees with work-from-home arrangements to work in Yahoo! offices.” That was the directive that went public this week, likely coming down from high from Yahoo’s newish CEO Marissa Mayer. Yahoo is obviously a company in need of a turnaround, and getting people into offices might help focus them. But is that something that will spread to other tech and media companies? Will more companies consider reining in various telecommuters on staff? And how do you feel about people (including yourself) working at home? Do you get more done at home or less? Vote in our poll and share your comments below.Related
Mediatwits Google Hangout
Mediatwits on SoundCloud
MediaShift delivers the best news on media and technology directly to your in-box.
Best of Mediashift
- #ISOJ Highlights: Drones, Wearables, Ethics and Startups
- 11 Steps to a Better Twitter Stream
- Social Media Editors in the Newsroom: What the Job is Really Like
- Takeaway from Journalism Interactive: Time for Educators to Go Full Bore
- SXSW 2014: Journalism's Future Tied to Social, Mobile, Data
- Special Series: Crowdfunding the Media
- The Real Costs of Self-Publishing a Book
Get MediaShift Daily via Email
Follow us on Social
Who we Are
MediaShift explains how traditional media such as newspapers, magazines, radio, TV, music and movies are changing with digital disruption and adapting their business models for a more mobile, networked world.
If you're interested in submitting a guest column, see our guidelines here.