“Beginning in June, we’re asking all employees with work-from-home arrangements to work in Yahoo! offices.” That was the directive that went public this week, likely coming down from high from Yahoo’s newish CEO Marissa Mayer. Yahoo is obviously a company in need of a turnaround, and getting people into offices might help focus them. But is that something that will spread to other tech and media companies? Will more companies consider reining in various telecommuters on staff? And how do you feel about people (including yourself) working at home? Do you get more done at home or less? Vote in our poll and share your comments below.Related
Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer made news this week when a Yahoo directive went public telling employees they needed to work in an office or quit. What do you think?
Mediatwits Google Hangout
Mediatwits on SoundCloud
MediaShift delivers the best news on media and technology directly to your in-box.
Best of Mediashift
- Taking Action: EdShift Launches to Move Journalism Education Forward
- Special Series: Crowdfunding the Media
- 10 Important Tips on Teaching Entrepreneurship
- The Real Costs of Self-Publishing a Book
- Why We Need Radical Change for Media Ethics, Not a Return to Basics
- Special Series: Teaching Tomorrow's Entrepreneurs