Every year, the hype machine revs up in Austin, Texas, for the South by Southwest confab. What started as a lil’ old music conference has turned into a smorgasbord of media makers in film, music and interactive. And where else could you find something called Hype Machine’s Hype Hotel? But that was so last year. Will you be going this year, or skipping out? Do you think it’s peaked or is it the place to find the next Twitter or Foursquare (or Homeless Hotspot gimmick)? Share your thoughts in the comments and vote in our poll! And hear a discussion about SXSW on this week’s Mediatwits podcast.Related
Poll: What’s Your Take on the South by Southwest (#SXSW) Conference?
By Mark Glaser
March 8, 2013
Only at SXSW could you find something called Hype Machine's Hype Hotel, presented by Taco Bell
Mediatwits Google Hangout
Mediatwits on SoundCloud
MediaShift delivers the best news on media and technology directly to your in-box.
Best of Mediashift
- Taking Action: EdShift Launches to Move Journalism Education Forward
- Special Series: Crowdfunding the Media
- 10 Important Tips on Teaching Entrepreneurship
- The Real Costs of Self-Publishing a Book
- Why We Need Radical Change for Media Ethics, Not a Return to Basics
- Special Series: Teaching Tomorrow's Entrepreneurs