Every year, the hype machine revs up in Austin, Texas, for the South by Southwest confab. What started as a lil’ old music conference has turned into a smorgasbord of media makers in film, music and interactive. And where else could you find something called Hype Machine’s Hype Hotel? But that was so last year. Will you be going this year, or skipping out? Do you think it’s peaked or is it the place to find the next Twitter or Foursquare (or Homeless Hotspot gimmick)? Share your thoughts in the comments and vote in our poll! And hear a discussion about SXSW on this week’s Mediatwits podcast.Related
Poll: What’s Your Take on the South by Southwest (#SXSW) Conference?
Mediatwits Google Hangout
Mediatwits on SoundCloud
MediaShift delivers the best news on media and technology directly to your in-box.
Best of Mediashift
- Why Audiobooks Are the Next Big Thing in Self-Publishing
- 8 Digital Tools Every Journalist Should Try
- Do Journalists Need a Journalism Degree? Educators, Practitioners Disagree
- 10 Social Media Tips for a Successful Crowdfunding Campaign
- #EdShift Chat: How to Do Field Reporting with Mobile Devices
- 11 Steps to a Better Twitter Stream
- The Real Costs of Self-Publishing a Book
- The Best Journalism School in America Is...
Get MediaShift Daily via Email
Follow us on Social
Who we Are
MediaShift explains how traditional media such as newspapers, magazines, radio, TV, music and movies are changing with digital disruption and adapting their business models for a more mobile, networked world.
If you're interested in submitting a guest column, see our guidelines here.