The microblogging service Twitter has been great for communication, breaking news, keeping up with your interests and broadcasting to followers. But the advertising there has been pretty limited to Promoted Tweets, Trends and Hashtags. That could soon be changing with a massive ad deal inked between Twitter and Starcom MediaVest Group that will allow advertisers to slot in more ads and more targeted ads. How much advertising can you take on Twitter? Will it drive you away, or will you accept it as the price of using a free service? How far can they go? Vote in our poll below, or explain your thoughts in the comments. To hear more about Twitter and the big ad deal, check out our recent podcast on the subject.Related
Will more ads drive you away, or will you accept it as the price of using a free service?"
Mediatwits Google Hangout
Mediatwits on SoundCloud
MediaShift delivers the best news on media and technology directly to your in-box.
Best of Mediashift
- Taking Action: EdShift Launches to Move Journalism Education Forward
- Special Series: Crowdfunding the Media
- 10 Important Tips on Teaching Entrepreneurship
- The Real Costs of Self-Publishing a Book
- Why We Need Radical Change for Media Ethics, Not a Return to Basics
- Special Series: Teaching Tomorrow's Entrepreneurs