2. Google to buy crowdsourced navigation app Waze (AllThingsD)
3. WDRB on why ‘breaking news’ is broken (mediabistro)
breaking news, cnn, crowdsourcing, edward snowden, google, hong kong, kelly wallace, nsa, watchdog reporting, waze, wdrb, whistleblower
Mediatwits Google Hangout
Mediatwits on SoundCloud
MediaShift delivers the best news on media and technology directly to your in-box.
Best of Mediashift
- Special Series: Crowdfunding the Media
- The Real Costs of Self-Publishing a Book
- Self-Publishing Your Book: Where’s the Money?
- We Need a Digital-First Curriculum to Teach Modern Journalism
- Why We Need Radical Change for Media Ethics, Not a Return to Basics
- Raju Narisetti's Top 9 Challenges Facing Journalism
- Who Really Owns Your Photos in Social Media? (Updated 2013 Edition)
- Native Advertising: How It Works at the Huffington Post