The Digital Book World E-Book Best-Seller list tracks e-book sales ranking and price data across six major e-book retailers with the goal of providing the most accurate picture of which e-books are most often purchased by consumers and at what price point. The full methodology is available here.
Self-published authors made a big comeback on the Digital Book World E-book Best-Seller list this week, led by H.M. Ward’s “Damaged 2,” the follow-up to her highly successful “Damaged,” which hit No. 1 on this list within weeks of its release.
1. “Inferno: A Novel (Robert Langdon)” by Dan Brown; Random House; $12.99
2, “Damaged 2″ by H.M. Ward; Self-published; $3.99
3. “Second Honeymoon” by James Patterson and Howard Roughan; Hachette; $7.49
4. “And the Mountains Echoed: A Novel” by Khaled Hosseini; Penguin; $11.99
5. “Entwined with You (Crossfire Trilogy Series #3)” by Sylvia Day; Penguin; $9.99
6. “World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War” by Max Brooks; Random House; $9.99
7. “Divergent” by Veronica Roth; HarperCollins; $4.99
8. “Bad Monkey” by Carl Hiaasen; Random House; $12.99
9. “The Heist: A Novel” by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg; Random House; $12.99
10. “The Hit (Will Robie)” by David Baldacci; Hachette; $7.49
Jeremy Greenfield is responsible for managing all editorial content on DigitalBookWorld.com, including the DBW Expert Publishing Blog, the Digital Book Wire and editorial email and social media communications. Prior to joining Digital Book World in October 2011, Jeremy spent three years as a careers editor at FINS.com. Jeremy lives and works in New York City and is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania.
Starting with the only conference designed to address the radically changing commercial publishing environment, Digital Book World has evolved into a year-round platform offering educational and networking resources for consumer publishing professionals and their partners — including agents, booksellers and technology vendors — online and in person.Related