The Digital Book World E-Book Best-Seller list tracks e-book sales ranking and price data across six major e-book retailers with the goal of providing the most accurate picture of which e-books are most often purchased by consumers and at what price point. The full methodology is available here.
Eleven of the top 25 best-selling ebooks this week are published by the newly merged Penguin Random House. And, the publisher is responsible for fully half of the top 10 titles on that list.
Worth noting too, is that Penguin Random House has 7 of the top 10 best-selling ebooks priced over $10 as well as all but one of the top 10 best-selling ebooks priced between $8 and $9.99.
Late last year, shortly after the merger was announced, the publishers held the no. 1 and no. 2 spots on DBW’s publisher power rankings. Publishing separately, the two were responsible for all the no. 1 ranked best-selling ebooks at the time.
1. “Inferno: A Novel (Robert Langdon),” by Dan Brown, Penguin Random House, $12.99
2. “Second Honeymoon,” by James Patterson, Howard Roughan, Hachette, $9.99
3. “A ‘is for Alibi,’” by Sue Grafton, Macmillan, $1.99
4. “And the Mountains Echoed: A Novel,” by Khaled Hosseini, Penguin Random House $10.99
5. ”Meant to Be (An Anchor Island Novel),” by Terri Osburn, $1.99
6. “Hidden Order: A Thriller,” by Brad Thor, Simon & Schuster, $11.99
7. “Entwined with You (Crossfire Trilogy Series #3),” by Sylvia Day, Penguin Random House, $8.89
8. “Gone Girl: A Novel,” by Gillian Flynn, Penguin Random House, $12.99
9. “Divergent,” by Veronica Roth, HarperCollins, $4.99
10.” Bombshell : An FBI Thriller #17,” by Catherine Coulter, Penguin Random House, $9.99
Deanna Utroske is the Content Producer at Digital Book World and a member of New York Women in Communications, where she’s the Social Media Brand Director and actively involved with the Integrated Marketing & Communications Committee. Previously, Deanna worked in the editorial office of Signs: Journal of Women in Culture and Society, a publication of the University of Chicago Press.