Did you ever decide on one ho-hum day to pick up the remote and check out a new TV show? And if you have a streaming service such as Netflix, you watched another one, and another one? Soon, the hours turn to days and you have no idea what’s going on outside your bubble. This is the epitome of “binge-watching” and it was spoofed hilariously on “Portlandia” (see below), as the characters lose themselves (and their jobs) while watching too much “Battlestar Gallactica.” So spill. What show has been your favorite one to binge-watch recently? Vote in our poll below, and share your stories of bad personal hygiene and lost time in the comments. We won’t tell anyone. And check out a discussion of binge-watching on this week’s Mediatwits podcast.Related
Mediatwits Google Hangout
Mediatwits on SoundCloud
MediaShift delivers the best news on media and technology directly to your in-box.
Best of Mediashift
- Why Audiobooks Are the Next Big Thing in Self-Publishing
- 8 Digital Tools Every Journalist Should Try
- Do Journalists Need a Journalism Degree? Educators, Practitioners Disagree
- 10 Social Media Tips for a Successful Crowdfunding Campaign
- #EdShift Chat: How to Do Field Reporting with Mobile Devices
- 11 Steps to a Better Twitter Stream
- The Real Costs of Self-Publishing a Book
- The Best Journalism School in America Is...
Get MediaShift Daily via Email
Follow us on Social
Who we Are
MediaShift explains how traditional media such as newspapers, magazines, radio, TV, music and movies are changing with digital disruption and adapting their business models for a more mobile, networked world.
If you're interested in submitting a guest column, see our guidelines here.