Did you ever decide on one ho-hum day to pick up the remote and check out a new TV show? And if you have a streaming service such as Netflix, you watched another one, and another one? Soon, the hours turn to days and you have no idea what’s going on outside your bubble. This is the epitome of “binge-watching” and it was spoofed hilariously on “Portlandia” (see below), as the characters lose themselves (and their jobs) while watching too much “Battlestar Gallactica.” So spill. What show has been your favorite one to binge-watch recently? Vote in our poll below, and share your stories of bad personal hygiene and lost time in the comments. We won’t tell anyone. And check out a discussion of binge-watching on this week’s Mediatwits podcast.Related
The after-math of binge-watching on the "Battlestar Gallactica" episode of "Portlandia"
Mediatwits Google Hangout
Mediatwits on SoundCloud
MediaShift delivers the best news on media and technology directly to your in-box.
Best of Mediashift
- Taking Action: EdShift Launches to Move Journalism Education Forward
- Special Series: Crowdfunding the Media
- 10 Important Tips on Teaching Entrepreneurship
- The Real Costs of Self-Publishing a Book
- Why We Need Radical Change for Media Ethics, Not a Return to Basics
- Special Series: Teaching Tomorrow's Entrepreneurs