The Digital Book World E-Book Best-Seller list tracks e-book sales ranking and price data across six major e-book retailers with the goal of providing the most accurate picture of which e-books are most often purchased by consumers and at what price point. The full methodology is available here.
The heavy-hitters include Veronica Roth (Allegiant, HarperCollins, No. 1), John Grisham (Sycamore Row, Penguin Random House, No. 2), Stephen King (Doctor Sleep, Simon & Schuster, No. 8) and Lee Child (Never Go Back, Penguin Random House, No. 15).
Penguin Random House is leading the onslaught with nearly half of the books on this week’s best-seller list from the world’s largest publisher.
The average price of a best-selling e-book ticked up again to $8.62 from $8.53. It seems likely that as long as indie authors and smaller publishers are off the list, it could stay where it is, if not go higher.
Here are the top 10 bestsellers for the week ending 10-27-13
1. “Allegiant (Divergent)” by Veronica Roth; HarperCollins; $6.99
2. “Sycamore Row” by John Grisham; Penguin Random House; $11.99
3. “The Husband’s Secret” by Liane Moriarty; Penguin Random House; $5.99
4. “Ender’s Game: 1 (The Ender Quintet)” by Orson Scott Card; Macmillan; $3.98
5. “Divergent” by Veronica Roth; HarperCollins; $3.99
6. “Killing Jesus: A History” by Bill O’Reilly; Martin Dugard; Macmillan; $10.99
7. “The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus Series #4)” by Rick Riordan; Disney-Hyperion; $9.99
8. “Doctor Sleep: A Novel” by Stephen King; Simon & Schuster; $10.99
9. “Gone Girl: A Novel” by Gillian Flynn; Penguin Random House; $4.99
10. “The Longest Ride” by Nicholas Sparks; Hachette; $10.99
Jeremy Greenfield is responsible for managing all editorial content on DigitalBookWorld.com, including the DBW Expert Publishing Blog, the Digital Book Wire and editorial email and social media communications. Prior to joining Digital Book World in October 2011, Jeremy spent three years as a careers editor at FINS.com. Jeremy lives and works in New York City and is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania.Related