Note: MediaShift’s Daily Must Reads will be on hiatus between Monday, December 23, 2013, and Friday, January 3, 2014. We’ll be back with new Must Reads on Monday, January 6, 2014. To keep up with new MediaShift and Idea Lab posts over the break, sign up for our PBS MediaShift Daily and the PBS Idea Lab Daily. Thank you; see you in the New Year!
1. Brown Moses to launch site for open investigative journalism site (Alastair Reid / Journalism.co.uk)
2. Lessons in crowdsourced verification of news from Storyful and Reddit’s Syria forum (Mathew Ingram / GigaOm)
3. Prediction for Journalism in 2014: A focus on “mobile-first audio strategy” (Jim Schachter / Nieman Lab)
4. Ebyline launches pitch board to connect seasoned freelancers, publishers (Angela Washeck / 10000 Words)
5. Knight innovation award winner selects MuckRock for $25k grant (Sandra Oshiro / Poynter)
6. Why Instagram Direct may fail (Josh Constine / TechCrunch)