“Shadow Spell: Book Two of The Cousins O’Dwyer Trilogy” (Penguin Random House) jumped 19 spots from its previous position on the list to depose “Allegiant” (the third Divergent series title) from its position. That said, “Allegiant” is still No. 4, and the “Divergent” trilogy as a bundle is No. 5.
While HarperCollins is certainly the winning publisher in the first quarter (new e-book publisher power rankings coming soon!), Penguin Random House is now making a very strong push — what many in the industry have come to expect from the powerhouse publisher.
PRH has five of the top ten bestselling e-books this week, with “Divergent” taking four of the top five and Amazon sitting in the No. 10 spot with its e-book hit “Hidden” (by Catherine McKenzie).
Meanwhile, the average price of a best-selling ebook inched up this week to $6.42, from $6.24 last week.
E-book bestsellers from the week ending 3/29:
1. “Divergent” (Divergent Series), Veronica Roth, HarperCollins, $4.99
2. “Insurgent” (Divergent Series), Veronica Roth, HarperCollins, $6.99
3. “Shadow Spell: Book Two of The Cousins O’Dwyer Trilogy”, Nora Roberts, Penguin Random House, $7.99
4. “Allegiant” (Divergent Series), Veronica Roth, HarperCollins, $6.99
5. “The Divergent Series Complete Collection”, Veronica Roth, HarperCollins, $14.99
6. “The Maze Runner” (Maze Runner Series #1), James Dashner, Penguin Random House, $1.99
7. “The Fault in Our Stars”, John Green, Penguin Random House, $7.99
8. “Missing You”, Harlan Coben, Penguin Random House, $11.99
9. “The Invention of Wings: A Novel” (Original Publishers Edition-No Annotations), Sue Monk Kidd, Penguin Random House, $10.99
10. “Hidden”, Catherine McKenzie, Amazon, $4.99
Jeremy Greenfield is responsible for managing all editorial content on DigitalBookWorld.com, including the DBW Expert Publishing Blog, the Digital Book Wire and editorial email and social media communications. Prior to joining Digital Book World in October 2011, Jeremy spent three years as a careers editor at FINS.com. Jeremy lives and works in New York City and is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania.