Until this week, HarperCollins was the exclusive member of that club, with its “Divergent” hit taking the No. 1 spot this year all but three times, losing it once to Hachette, once to a self-published title and once to Amazon Publishing. After this week, make that twice to Amazon.
“I Am Livia” by Phyllis T. Smith jumped 14 spots to take the No. 1 rank. Donna Tartt’s “The Goldfinch”, a Hachette title, jumped ten spots to move to No. 2; and “Heaven is for Real” by Todd Burpo (et al) from HarperCollins leapfrogged the “Divergent” series to go to No. 3. The “Divergent” books are now Nos. 4, 5 and six.
Meanwhile, the average price of a best-selling e-book jumped almost a dollar to $7.71, up from $6.77 last week.
E-book bestsellers from the week ending 4/19:
1. “I Am Livia”, Phyllis T. Smith, Amazon, $4.99
2. “The Goldfinch”, Donna Tartt, Hachette, $7.50
3. “Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy’s Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back”, Todd Burpo; Sonja Burpo; Lynn Vincent; Colton Burpo, HarperCollins, $7.99
4. “Divergent” (Divergent Series), Veronica Roth, HarperCollins, $4.99
5. “Insurgent” (Divergent Series), Veronica Roth, HarperCollins, $6.99
6. “Allegiant” (Divergent Series), Veronica Roth, HarperCollins, $6.99
7. “The Collector”, Nora Roberts, Penguin Random House, $11.99
8. “The Fault in Our Stars”, John Green, Penguin Random House, $7.40
9. ”The Fixed Trilogy: Fixed on You, Found in You, Forever with You”, Laurelin Paige, Self-published, $0.99
10. “Home to Stay (An Anchor Island Novel)”, Terri Osburn, Amazon, $4.99
Jeremy Greenfield is responsible for managing all editorial content on DigitalBookWorld.com, including the DBW Expert Publishing Blog, the Digital Book Wire and editorial email and social media communications. Prior to joining Digital Book World in October 2011, Jeremy spent three years as a careers editor at FINS.com. Jeremy lives and works in New York City and is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania.Related