Just after John Green’s hit “The Fault in Our Stars” ended its 12-week run at the top of the E-book Bestseller List (and to be fair, it’s still selling briskly — the book is at No. 4 this week), a second Penguin Random House Title, “If I Stay”, seems to be on a winning streak of its own. The Gayle Forman title is rounding out its fourth week at the top of this week’s best-seller list (a film based on the novel hit theaters last Friday.)
Not only that, but 14 of the top 25 bestselling e-books are likewise published by Penguin Random House.
That’s no surprise to anyone who’s had a glance at the e-book publisher power rankings for 2014 so far; the publisher controlled 40 percent of the total number of bestsellers to appear on our list in the first half of the year. HarperCollins followed in second place, with nearly 25% of the total.
E-book bestsellers from the week ending 8/23:
1. “If I Stay”, Gayle Forman, Penguin Random House, $4.99
2. “Outlander: A Novel”, Diana Gabaldon, Penguin Random House, $4.99
3. “Big Little Lies”, Liane Moriarty, Penguin Random House, $10.99
4. “The Fault in Our Stars”, John Green, Penguin Random House, $4.99
5. “Where She Went” (If I Stay Book 2), Gayle Forman, Penguin Random House, $4.99
6. “The Goldfinch: A Novel”, Donna Tartt, Hachette, $6.99
7. “Gone Girl: A Novel”, Gillian Flynn, Penguin Random House, $7.99
8. ”Insurgent” (Divergent Book 2), Veronica Roth, HarperCollins, $6.99
9. “Divergent”, Veronica Roth, HarperCollins, $4.99
10. “Not a Drill: A Jack Reacher Short Story (Kindle Single)”, Lee Child, Penguin Random House, $1.99
Jeremy Greenfield is responsible for managing all editorial content on DigitalBookWorld.com, including the DBW Expert Publishing Blog, the Digital Book Wire and editorial email and social media communications. Prior to joining Digital Book World in October 2011, Jeremy spent three years as a careers editor at FINS.com. Jeremy lives and works in New York City and is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania.