New York City Airport Guide
A Myriad of Airport Service
NYC has no less than three main airports through which millions of people pass each year. If you are meeting someone at the airport, or are planning to depart from one please make note of which airport you need to use! There are no shortage of stories of people going to the wrong aiport! If you have general questions about air travel into and out of New York City you might try to call (800) A-I-R-R-I-D-E during normal business hours.
- Kennedy International Airport
- Kennedy Airport (JFK), in Queens (at the south end of the Van Wyck Expressway,) handles primarily international flights. It has a one mile long "international zone", which is run not by the U.S. Government, but by the United Nations.
- General Info: 718-244-4444
- Parking Status: 718-656-5699
- LaGuardia Airport
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA), also in Queens (on the Grand Central Parkway,) handles domestic flights only. If you're flying in from anywhere in the U.S., chances are you'll come through LaGuardia. Particular exceptions include Continental Airlines.
- General Info: 718-533-3400
- Parking Info: 718-533-3850
- Ground Transit: 718-533-3766 or 718-533-3765
- Newark International Airport
- Newark International Airport is located in Newark, New Jersey, and handles both domestic and international flights. It's a bit further from the city than the other two airports, but it's also generally less crowded and has more modern facilities.
- General Info: 201-961-6000
- Services for the Disabled: 201-961-6154
- Parking Status: 201-961-4751
Please send comments and suggestions to the editors! email@example.com