Daily VideoOctober 3, 2008
Palin and Biden Square Off in Vice Presidential Debate"
Opinions of the one and only vice presidential debate in the 2008 election depended on who the viewer supported going into the contest.
Most agreed that Senator Joe Biden had a better grasp of the issues, but Governor Sarah Palin was energetic and folksy in her arguments in favor of John McCain.
Palin clearly distanced herself from the policies of fellow Republican President George Bush while also attacking Barack Obama’s energy and foreign policies. Biden countered by criticizing John McCain’s record on the economy, saying he was “out of touch” with Americans.
Warm Up Questions
1. Did you watch the vice presidential debate between Sarah Palin and Joe Biden? If so, what did you think?
2. What do you know about Alaska Governor Sarah Palin? What do you know about Delaware Senator Joe Biden?
3. How important are debates? Why?
1. Who do you think did better? Why?
2. What were some of the most memorable parts of the debate?
3. Do you think the debates will make a difference in the outcome of the election?
4. Who do you think will win November 4? Why?
Tooltip of related stories
Tooltip of more video block
Submit Your Student Voice
Over three million people have commented online to the Federal Communications Commission on the net neutrality debate, the results of which could have drastic effects on how we use the Internet. Continue reading
Scotland voted against splitting from the United Kingdom in a historic referendum that could have granted the country independence. Continue reading
Scientists are developing a new breed of rice that could help improve public health in the Philippines, but some say it will harm the environment. Continue reading
President Obama announced the U.S. will scale its efforts to combat the Ebola virus in West Africa, which has spread exponentially throughout the region in recent months. Continue reading
“I’m hopeful that the dreams which I have now to see every child going to school, to see equal rights for women, I think, soon…I will see those dreams becoming a reality.” Continue reading