Daily VideoOctober 3, 2008
Palin and Biden Square Off in Vice Presidential Debate"
Opinions of the one and only vice presidential debate in the 2008 election depended on who the viewer supported going into the contest.
Most agreed that Senator Joe Biden had a better grasp of the issues, but Governor Sarah Palin was energetic and folksy in her arguments in favor of John McCain.
Palin clearly distanced herself from the policies of fellow Republican President George Bush while also attacking Barack Obama’s energy and foreign policies. Biden countered by criticizing John McCain’s record on the economy, saying he was “out of touch” with Americans.
Warm Up Questions
1. Did you watch the vice presidential debate between Sarah Palin and Joe Biden? If so, what did you think?
2. What do you know about Alaska Governor Sarah Palin? What do you know about Delaware Senator Joe Biden?
3. How important are debates? Why?
1. Who do you think did better? Why?
2. What were some of the most memorable parts of the debate?
3. Do you think the debates will make a difference in the outcome of the election?
4. Who do you think will win November 4? Why?
Tooltip of related stories
Tooltip of more video block
Submit Your Student Voice
DOWNLOAD VIDEO Introduction Israelis and Palestinians both share the country of Israel, with Palestinians concentrated…
DOWNLOAD VIDEO Introduction Inspire students to think about the role of international diplomacy in the…
DOWNLOAD VIDEO Brazilian street artists used the spotlight of the World Cup to highlight a…
DOWNLOAD VIDEO Imagine going to a school without desks or worksheets. Learning takes place while…
DOWNLOAD VIDEO Tension has escalated between Israelis and Palestinians after the kidnapping and murder of…