Daily VideoOctober 3, 2008
Palin and Biden Square Off in Vice Presidential Debate"
Opinions of the one and only vice presidential debate in the 2008 election depended on who the viewer supported going into the contest.
Most agreed that Senator Joe Biden had a better grasp of the issues, but Governor Sarah Palin was energetic and folksy in her arguments in favor of John McCain.
Palin clearly distanced herself from the policies of fellow Republican President George Bush while also attacking Barack Obama’s energy and foreign policies. Biden countered by criticizing John McCain’s record on the economy, saying he was “out of touch” with Americans.
Warm Up Questions
1. Did you watch the vice presidential debate between Sarah Palin and Joe Biden? If so, what did you think?
2. What do you know about Alaska Governor Sarah Palin? What do you know about Delaware Senator Joe Biden?
3. How important are debates? Why?
1. Who do you think did better? Why?
2. What were some of the most memorable parts of the debate?
3. Do you think the debates will make a difference in the outcome of the election?
4. Who do you think will win November 4? Why?
Tooltip of related stories
Tooltip of more video block
Submit Your Student Voice
Many of the country’s roads and bridges are dangerously in need of repair, but it’s not clear how that will happen. Continue reading
A discovery at the first permanent English settlement in the Americas has raised new questions about the religious influences that played a role in the founding of America. Continue reading
The first test of a nuclear bomb took place 70 years ago this month in the desert of southern New Mexico, where some say the effects are still being felt. Continue reading
In the more than 70 years since allied soldiers stormed the beach at Normandy, firsthand accounts of the lives lost that day are slipping away. Continue reading
In the Mediterranean Sea, fishermen are caught in the midst of the growing crisis involving stranded migrants desperately trying to reach the shores of Europe. Continue reading