Daily VideoOctober 3, 2008
Palin and Biden Square Off in Vice Presidential Debate"
Opinions of the one and only vice presidential debate in the 2008 election depended on who the viewer supported going into the contest.
Most agreed that Senator Joe Biden had a better grasp of the issues, but Governor Sarah Palin was energetic and folksy in her arguments in favor of John McCain.
Palin clearly distanced herself from the policies of fellow Republican President George Bush while also attacking Barack Obama’s energy and foreign policies. Biden countered by criticizing John McCain’s record on the economy, saying he was “out of touch” with Americans.
Warm Up Questions
1. Did you watch the vice presidential debate between Sarah Palin and Joe Biden? If so, what did you think?
2. What do you know about Alaska Governor Sarah Palin? What do you know about Delaware Senator Joe Biden?
3. How important are debates? Why?
1. Who do you think did better? Why?
2. What were some of the most memorable parts of the debate?
3. Do you think the debates will make a difference in the outcome of the election?
4. Who do you think will win November 4? Why?
Tooltip of related stories
Tooltip of more video block
Submit Your Student Voice
In March 2011, a massive earthquake and tsunami hit the island nation of Japan, causing a meltdown at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant. Three years later, experts are trying to assess how recovery efforts in the nuclear-affected area are progressing. Continue reading
The State Department released its annual human rights report last week and concluded that last summer’s chemical weapons attack in Syria, which killed more than 1,400 people, was the worst human rights violation of 2013. Continue reading
Ukraine readied its military forces for war on Sunday following Russian President Vladimir Putin declaration of Russia’s right to invade the country. Continue reading
In an effort to address the challenges young men of color face as they go…
DOWNLOAD VIDEO Following the ouster of Ukrainian president Viktor Yanukovych after weeks of violent protest…