Daily VideoJanuary 28, 2010
State of the Union
Declaring “I don’t quit,” President Obama addressed a range of issues, including the economy, foreign policy and health care, during his State of the Union address — while acknowledging the criticism he has faced in recent weeks.
In these videos, regular people respond to his speech with their own ideas, dreams and critiques.
Join the conversation here.
Warm Up Questions
1. What is the State of the Union speech?
2. What issues are most important to you?
1. Read President Obama’s speech here, did anything surprise you? Why?
2. What do you think of the president’s speech? Did he address your issues?
3. Watch the speech and write down when the people clap. Do you see a pattern? Who never stands?
Tooltip of related stories
Tooltip of more video block
Submit Your Student Voice
Welfare recipients have come into the spotlight as states crack down on how they can spend welfare money. Continue reading
The Teach For America program, which sends recruits into under-resourced districts to teach, is facing a low number of volunteers this year. Continue reading
One year ago, militant group Boko Haram kidnapped 300 female students from a school in Chibok, Nigeria. Continue reading
In the midst of a failed experiment, inventor David Stone realized he may have accidentally created a new environmentally friendly material to replace cement. Continue reading
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton announced Sunday that she is running for president. Continue reading