Daily VideoJanuary 28, 2010
State of the Union
Declaring “I don’t quit,” President Obama addressed a range of issues, including the economy, foreign policy and health care, during his State of the Union address — while acknowledging the criticism he has faced in recent weeks.
In these videos, regular people respond to his speech with their own ideas, dreams and critiques.
Join the conversation here.
Warm Up Questions
1. What is the State of the Union speech?
2. What issues are most important to you?
1. Read President Obama’s speech here, did anything surprise you? Why?
2. What do you think of the president’s speech? Did he address your issues?
3. Watch the speech and write down when the people clap. Do you see a pattern? Who never stands?
Tooltip of related stories
Tooltip of more video block
Submit Your Student Voice
The Federal Communications Commission voted 3-2 in support of net neutrality yesterday, approving new rules to protect equal access to the Internet. Continue reading
A series of paintings by African-American artist Hale Woodruff gives a new view to the story of a slave rebellion. Continue reading
Could you beat a machine at a video game? With a new system created by artificial intelligence researchers, it just became less likely. Continue reading
President Obama has vetoed a bill that would approve the Keystone Pipeline expansion, a project causing fierce debate between Republican lawmakers and environmentalists. Continue reading
The war in Gaza killed left thousands of families homeless, living in makeshift shelters. Continue reading