Daily VideoJanuary 28, 2010
State of the Union
Declaring “I don’t quit,” President Obama addressed a range of issues, including the economy, foreign policy and health care, during his State of the Union address — while acknowledging the criticism he has faced in recent weeks.
In these videos, regular people respond to his speech with their own ideas, dreams and critiques.
Join the conversation here.
Warm Up Questions
1. What is the State of the Union speech?
2. What issues are most important to you?
1. Read President Obama’s speech here, did anything surprise you? Why?
2. What do you think of the president’s speech? Did he address your issues?
3. Watch the speech and write down when the people clap. Do you see a pattern? Who never stands?
Tooltip of related stories
Tooltip of more video block
Submit Your Student Voice
A seventeen-year-old black teenager was shot 16 times by a white police officer in October of last year for allegedly puncturing a police car’s tire with a folding knife. Continue reading
Young children from families newly arrived in the United States often do not speak English at home, making it harder for them to learn. Continue reading
A popular new hip-hop show on Broadway, “Hamilton,” chronicles one of the nation’s founding fathers and his “rags to riches” story. Continue reading
DOWNLOAD VIDEO In the United States, where hundreds of thousands of people arrive each year…
Politicians across Europe began voicing renewed concern for the ongoing refugee crisis that has brought hundreds of thousands of Syrians to Europe in search of safety.