Daily VideoJanuary 28, 2010
State of the Union
Declaring “I don’t quit,” President Obama addressed a range of issues, including the economy, foreign policy and health care, during his State of the Union address — while acknowledging the criticism he has faced in recent weeks.
In these videos, regular people respond to his speech with their own ideas, dreams and critiques.
Join the conversation here.
Warm Up Questions
1. What is the State of the Union speech?
2. What issues are most important to you?
1. Read President Obama’s speech here, did anything surprise you? Why?
2. What do you think of the president’s speech? Did he address your issues?
3. Watch the speech and write down when the people clap. Do you see a pattern? Who never stands?
Tooltip of related stories
Tooltip of more video block
Submit Your Student Voice
Three years ago, Pulitzer-winning journalist Paul Salopek began a decade-long journey around the world on foot. Continue reading
Last month, North Carolina lawmakers passed House Bill 2 requiring people to use the public bathroom matching the gender on their birth certificate. Continue reading
Donald Trump made a speech on foreign policy Wednesday and also accused Democrat candidate Hillary Clinton of playing the “woman’s card.” Continue reading
Thirty years ago, the world experienced its worst nuclear disaster at the Chernobyl power plant located in the former Soviet Union, now modern day Ukraine. Continue reading
Republicans Ted Cruz and John Kasich teamed up to block Donald Trump this week, drawing an angry response from the front-runner and his supporters.