Daily VideoJanuary 28, 2010
State of the Union
Declaring “I don’t quit,” President Obama addressed a range of issues, including the economy, foreign policy and health care, during his State of the Union address — while acknowledging the criticism he has faced in recent weeks.
In these videos, regular people respond to his speech with their own ideas, dreams and critiques.
Join the conversation here.
Warm Up Questions
1. What is the State of the Union speech?
2. What issues are most important to you?
1. Read President Obama’s speech here, did anything surprise you? Why?
2. What do you think of the president’s speech? Did he address your issues?
3. Watch the speech and write down when the people clap. Do you see a pattern? Who never stands?
Tooltip of related stories
Tooltip of more video block
Submit Your Student Voice
Obama announced a large-scale executive action on immigration that will allow nearly five million undocumented immigrants to remain in the country. Continue reading
In Alaska, teachers are working to address graduation rates by incorporating Native Alaskan traditions into the classroom. Continue reading
Two Palestinian men murdered four people at a synagogue in Jerusalem yesterday in the deadliest attack on the city in six years. Continue reading
A new look at the Holocaust is coming from an unexpected place: a fashion design project decades in the making. Continue reading
“Rosewater,” the first movie directed by “The Daily Show” host Jon Stewart, shows how it is possible to find humor and humanity even in the darkest of places. Continue reading