Daily VideoJanuary 28, 2010
State of the Union
Declaring “I don’t quit,” President Obama addressed a range of issues, including the economy, foreign policy and health care, during his State of the Union address — while acknowledging the criticism he has faced in recent weeks.
In these videos, regular people respond to his speech with their own ideas, dreams and critiques.
Join the conversation here.
Warm Up Questions
1. What is the State of the Union speech?
2. What issues are most important to you?
1. Read President Obama’s speech here, did anything surprise you? Why?
2. What do you think of the president’s speech? Did he address your issues?
3. Watch the speech and write down when the people clap. Do you see a pattern? Who never stands?
Tooltip of related stories
Tooltip of more video block
Submit Your Student Voice
Melissa Etheridge is taking her 35-year music career in a new direction this year with “This is M.E.,” an album she released under her self-owned label. Continue reading
Shubham Banerjee’s low-cost Braille printer began with a robotic LEGO kit. Continue reading
Two New York City police officers were shot and killed in Brooklyn in what New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio called an “assassination.” Continue reading
Sony Pictures decided to stop the release of “The Interview” after hackers decimated the company’s computer systems and issued threats in what has been called an “unprecedented” cyber-attack. Continue reading
President Obama announced that the U.S. and Cuba would “normalize” their relationship in a major change to U.S. diplomatic policy. Continue reading