Story: Teaching September 11, 9/4/02
1) What is the National Education Association (NEA)?
2) Why have they been in the news lately?
3) Why will Texas play a large role in how September 11 will be remembered in history books?
4) Give two examples of how textbook publishers handled the September 11 events.
1) Do you think that
the anniversary of September 11 should be an entire day of reflection,
or do you think the day should be spent solely teaching its historical
2) Take a stand: In
one paragraph, respond to and support either the NEA argument or the conservative
3) Do you think textbooks twenty years from now will expand or condense the September 11 events? Why?