Lesson PlansBack to lesson plans archive August 14, 2013
The March on Washington: basic teacher resources
Here are four great resources designed to support the 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington Lesson Plans and Resources:
- The 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington Quick Guide - The who, what, when, why, where and how of the March.
- The Interactive Timeline of the History of Civil Rights Movement - An interactive timeline filled with video and text about the events that shaped the Civil Rights Movement. For teachers there is a timeline guide that denotes the event and the length of its corresponding video.
- The 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington Glossary - Use this comprehensive glossary to help students build a foundation on the vocabulary of the Civil Rights Movement.
- PBS Student Reporting Labs Resource -Use these 12 captivating student responses on MLK’s Dream, race and change to get a discussion started in your own classroom.
The Materials You Need
Tooltip of materials
Tooltip of related stories
More Lesson Plans
Tooltip of more video block
Tooltip of RSS content 3
- Texas shooting raises questions about Islamic State in the U.S.
The Islamic State (ISIL) claimed responsibility for an attack in Garland, Texas, that ended in the death of two gunmen on Sunday. Continue readingISILISISsocial studiesTexas
- Curfew lifted, Baltimore residents move forward
Life in Baltimore is returning to normal after weeks of protest that followed the death of 25-year-old Freddie Gray while in police custody. Continue readingBaltimoreFreddie GraypoliceSocial Issuessocial studies
- Kurdish women take up fight against ISIL
Women in Kurdistan, an independent region in Iraq, have joined the ranks of fighters battling the Islamic State (ISIL). Continue readingKurdistanSocial Issuessocial studieswomen
- Indiana hopes needle exchange will help stem HIV epidemic
Officials in the state of Indiana have approved a needle exchange program to help curb an HIV outbreak that is unprecedented in the state’s history. Continue readingHealthHIVIndianaSocial Issues
- Indiana students raise awareness during state HIV epidemic
The number of confirmed HIV cases in Scott County, Indiana, has spiked in recent months,…HealthHIVIndianaSocial IssuesStudent Voices