Lesson PlansBack to lesson plans archive August 14, 2013
50th Anniversary of the March on Washington Basic Resources
Here are four great resources designed to support the 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington Lesson Plans and Resources:
- The 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington Quick Guide - The who, what, when, why, where and how of the March.
- The Interactive Timeline of the History of Civil Rights Movement - An interactive timeline filled with video and text about the events that shaped the Civil Rights Movement. For teachers there is a timeline guide that denotes the event and the length of its corresponding video.
- The 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington Glossary - Use this comprehensive glossary to help students build a foundation on the vocabulary of the Civil Rights Movement.
- PBS Student Reporting Labs Resource -Use these 12 captivating student responses on MLK’s Dream, race and change to get a discussion started in your own classroom.
The Materials You Need
Tooltip of materials
Tooltip of related stories
More Lesson Plans
Tooltip of more video block
Tooltip of RSS content 3
- New law addresses domestic violence on Indian reservations
On Indian reservations, where domestic violence is a widespread issue, a recent law change will allow more survivors to come forward and receive justice. Continue readingdomestic violencelawNative Americansocial studies
- Understanding the grand jury ruling on Michael Brown’s death
The basics 1. What happened? A grand jury decided not to indict Ferguson police officer Darren…Civicscivil rightsFergusonlawMichael Brown
- #MyZeitgeist: 2014 student challenge
Logo: Ashley vonClausburg Compete | #MyZeitgeist Zeitgeist zeit•geist noun : the general beliefs, ideas, and…#MyZeitgeist
- Grand jury decides not to charge Officer Darren Wilson
A grand jury announced Nov. 24 that they would not indict police officer Darren Wilson for fatally shooting unarmed teenager Michael Brown in Ferguson, MO. Continue readingDarren WilsonFergusonlawMichael BrownSocial Issuessocial studies
- Ferguson in the classroom
A grand jury announced Monday night that officer Darren Wilson would not be indicted for…FergusonMichael Brown