Lesson PlansBack to lesson plans archive August 14, 2013
The March on Washington: basic teacher resources
Here are four great resources designed to support the 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington Lesson Plans and Resources:
- The 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington Quick Guide - The who, what, when, why, where and how of the March.
- The Interactive Timeline of the History of Civil Rights Movement - An interactive timeline filled with video and text about the events that shaped the Civil Rights Movement. For teachers there is a timeline guide that denotes the event and the length of its corresponding video.
- The 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington Glossary - Use this comprehensive glossary to help students build a foundation on the vocabulary of the Civil Rights Movement.
- PBS Student Reporting Labs Resource -Use these 12 captivating student responses on MLK’s Dream, race and change to get a discussion started in your own classroom.
The Materials You Need
Tooltip of materials
Tooltip of related stories
More Lesson Plans
Tooltip of more video block
Tooltip of RSS content 3
- Sony cancels “The Interview” due to cyber-threats
Sony Pictures decided to stop the release of “The Interview” after hackers decimated the company’s computer systems and issued threats in what has been called an “unprecedented” cyber-attack. Continue readingArts & CultureNorth Koreasocial studies
- U.S., Cuba re-establish diplomatic ties
President Obama announced that the U.S. and Cuba would “normalize” their relationship in a major change to U.S. diplomatic policy. Continue readingcubaPoliticssocial studiesWorld
- What do you know about the biggest news stories of 2014? 2014Media Literacyquizsocial studies
- Taliban school massacre shocks world community
Taliban gunmen massacred over a hundred students at a school in the city of Peshawar, Pakistan, in one of the worst terrorist attacks in years. Continue readingPakistansocial studiesTalibanterrorismWorld
- During climate summit, protesters damage ancient Peruvian site
An environmental protest aimed at a historic global climate summit in Lima, Peru drew attention for disrupting a Peruvian world heritage site. Continue readingclimate changeenvironmentperuSciencesocial studiesSTEM