Production Evolves with New Technology, 1/9/07
1. What happened when Boeing used animations to design planes before?
2. What do the new 3-D models do?
3. What are the pros and cons of using new lighter composite materials?
4. What are the risks and rewards of using other companies to design and build parts as discussed in the story?
5. How many new airplanes will be needed in the next 20 years?
For more NewsHour Science Reports, go to www.pbs.org/newshour/science.
For more stories about science and technology for students, go to www.pbs.org/newshour/extra/students/science.