Story: Scientists Explore Physics of Baseball Feats, 7/12/07
1. How long does it take a 90-mile-per-hour fastball to cross home plate?
2. At what angle does a batter want the bat to hit the baseball? Why?
3. What does San Francisco Giants player Barry Zito use "3-D, high-speed, infrared, eight-camera motion analysis" for?
4. What kind of motion does physicist Linda Shore compare pitching to?
5. At what point during a pitch is the baseball moving fastest? Why?
For more NewsHour Science Reports, go to www.pbs.org/newshour/science.
For more stories about science and technology for students, go to www.pbs.org/newshour/extra/students/science.