Shed New Light on Cancer Genes in Humans, 3/15/07
1. Why are purebred dogs perfect for this type of cancer research?
2. Do dogs and humans get the same kinds of cancer?
3. What's another reason dogs are used in these studies?
4. Why does it help that dogs' life spans are shorter than humans?
5. Does the dog cancer vaccine work in humans?
For more NewsHour Science Reports, go to www.pbs.org/newshour/science.
For more stories about science and technology for students, go to www.pbs.org/newshour/extra/students/science.